Monday, October 12, 2009

Another Year, Another Missed ScreamFest

Sometimes I feel cursed.

I first learned of ScreamFest (or Ultimate Horror Weekend) from a friend who lives in Orlando. The prospect of a convention-type atmosphere with fellow horror nuts, complete with celebrity appearances, screenings, and a tattoo room (!) kicked off by a zombie walk on the first day was delightful. That was the place I wanted to be.

2008, I was set to go. My itinerary was set, bags were packed, and the vehicle was full of fuel. However, it was not meant to be as family issues that surfaced a mere days before the shindig prevented me from attending. This year, an unfortunate deficit in my spreadsheet killed the joy of visiting the great state of Florida.

::Sigh::

So, I missed out on seeing Danielle Harris, Linda Blair, and the apparently canceled appearance of George Romero. Maybe that last one was calculated if the new Survival of the Dead was as horrible as Diary of the Dead.

Oh well. 2010 brings promise. At least more so than the shit-storm this year has been. Here's to looking forward!

No comments: