Wednesday, August 29, 2007

this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship ...

... but more than likely will just be a waste of the internet tubes.

I'll spare you the boring details of my life and just skip to where we are now.

I hate my job. You may say that is not uncommon as most people don't like their jobs. However, the level of hatred I have for the customers I deal with and the idiots I have to work for transcends mere dislike. It is more appropriate to say I despise my current position. Unfortunately, upon doing my part in increasing consumer debt and as a fraction of those households that live paycheck to paycheck, I really don't have any other alternatives.

As such, I have high hopes that this blog will act as catharsis for all the pent up anger and rage that I accumulate over the course of eight hours.

For the past 14 months, I have worked as a customer service rep at a call center for a piddly cell phone provider. It probably goes to say that most call center jobs are stressful and deal with the depths of human ignorance. I can't confirm not deny as this is my first, and God-willing last, job in such an environment. Normal calls can range from the simple ("What is my balance?") to the extreme ("Turn my motherf-ing phone back on now, retard!") and pretty much everything in between.

Most days, I feel like going home and drinking away the preceding horrendously bad day. As a matter of fact, that is what I do most of the time. My hope is that expressing my feelings will be a much more cost-effective manner of coping without the liver damage!

I suppose time will tell.

No comments: